Excerpt from Girls Soccer League of Old Bridge By-Laws
The purpose of the Association is:
1) To foster and promote the game of soccer among the girls of the Township of Old Bridge and surrounding communities.
2) To provide soccer coaching and training to the girls of the Township of Old Bridge and surrounding communities.
3) To promote good sportsmanship among all participants regardless of race, color, or creed.
4) To foster, promote, and insure sportsmanlike conduct at all times, on and off the playing field, by all members, parents, coaches, and other persons associated with the Association.
5) To raise funds by various means as deemed proper to support any of the objectives of the Association.
4. TRAVEL SOCCER PROGRAM
The purpose of the Travel Soccer Program is to offer to the girls of Old Bridge and surrounding communities a higher level of competition then is offered by the Recreation Soccer Program. Each player expressing an interest in the Travel Program will be given an equal opportunity to make a Travel Team in her respective age group and the best players available will be selected to represent the Association. An important goal of the Association is to allow every player the opportunity to reach the highest level of soccer proficiency that she is capable of achieving.
5. RECREATION SOCCER PROGRAM
The purpose of the Recreation Soccer Program is to promote the game of soccer in a non-competitive, fun atmosphere for the girls of the township of Old Bridge and surrounding communities. The Association will provide all players training, leadership, and promote good sportsmanship. All recreation players will be afforded the opportunity and encouraged to play the game of soccer regardless of ability and skill level.